Tuesday 9 October 2012

UE NPP REGIONAL SECRETARY PICKS NOMINATION FORMS FOR TEMPANE CONSTITUENCY

Story: Benjamin Xornam Glover, Bolgatanga The Upper East Regional Secretary of the New Patriotic Party, (NPP), Mr. Joseph Dindiock Kpemka, has picked a nomination form to contest the parliamentary primary in the newly created Tempane Constituency. Mr. Kpemka, 39, is lawyer and former Presiding Member for the Garu-Tempane District during the last NPP administration. Soon after picking the nomination forms, Mr Kpemka who also served as District Chief Executive for the same assembly for five months prior to the exit of the NPP from power declared that not only is he confident of winning the primaries but also going ahead to annex the parliamentary seat for the NPP in this year’s general elections. He said he believed that the delegates of the Tempane constituency of the NPP as well as the general electorates in the area would consider his record of achievement as a former DCE for the Garu-Tempane District by voting not only for him but also the NPP. “The people of Garu-Tempane would testify to the fact that I become DCE for just 5 months but within that period I brought enormous development to that area. I very much recall that within that short period I facilitated not less than 28 major projects for the good people of the district and these projects are there for all to see”, he said. The aspirant who has twice been elected as the assemblyman for the Kpikpira Electoral Area said he comes into to race with a wealth of experience gained as a result of his background as a teacher, lawyer and former Presiding Member and DCE and expressed the hope that when given the nod he would contribute to accelerating development of the area. “I am a person who is always in touch with my people at the grassroots. I have regular interactions with them and I participate in all programmes of the constituency. My motivation to contest the parliamentary primary is basically the wish to serve my people and I can say that I have acquitted myself creditably to merit the mandate of my people to lead them in the constituency by virtue of my previous experience and achievements in my other capacities Presiding Member and later DCE”, he said Mr. Kpemka identified education and health as his areas of priority when given the nod adding that when elected, he will devote a huge chunk of his share of the District Assembly Common Fund as well as other resources to supporting brilliant but needy students to help them realize their God given potential. He also promised to identify and put in place certain local intervention that will bring about economic emancipation of the people as well as devoted his energies towards fighting poverty, ignorance and disease which he described as the dangerous trio bedevilling the people of the area. He was confident the NPP, which has since 1996 been growing in leaps and bounds in the constituency is capable of winning the seat and promised to contribute his quota to bring that wish into fruition. “From a paltry 1,000 votes in 1996, we have risen to 13,000 in the last presidential elections. I come to the table with very fresh blood and fresh ideas and I hope the electorates will vote for me to exhibit the youthful ideas that can help bring development to the area”, he said. -End-

No comments:

Addressing imbalance in military intake: KAIPTC, GAF sensitise girls to take up combat careers(Daily Graphic, Friday, April 26, 2024 Page 20)

  The Women, Youth, Peace and Security Institute (WYPSI) of the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre (KAIPTC), in partnersh...