Wednesday 9 September 2009

CHILDREN'S COURT (JUNIOR GRAPHIC, PAGE 15)

I want to congratulate the organisers of the Girls Camp organised in the Upper East Region because it has been an interesting eye-opener for most of us from the deprived communities who took part in the programme.
The camp enabled me to learn a lot of important things. For instance, it has taught me how to speak confidently in public. It has also encouraged me to appreciate the importance of education, especially for girls.
Now, I know that if I take my education seriously, it will help me have a bright future.
When I return to my community, I hope to share all that I have learnt with my friends and make them aware that it is only through education that girls can be empowered for a better future.


I think the annual Girls Camp is a very good one indeed.
I believe through these camps, we will learn more about ourselves, what is happening in the country and around the world.
It is only through education that we can make progress as girls and that is why I am happy to have taken part in the camp.
I look forward to going back home and telling my friends all that I have learnt at the camp.
l also hope to pass on the knowledge that I have acquired to my parents and other parents in my community, so that they will appreciate the importance of girl-child education.
That might make them send all their children, especially girls to school.

It is good that this camp is held regularly to expose us to the changes that are taking place around us.
My participation in the programme will help me a lot in future. For instance, I have learnt how to be disciplined, tolerant and I appreciate the need to speak politely to others.
This will help me relate better with my friends and family members.
When I get back to my district and school, I will definitely share whatever I have learnt here with my friends who did not get the chance to participate in the training.
That way, I will be helping them also to know that without education they cannot get far in this modern world.

This camp has been very educative. I have learnt a lot of things and I will encourage the organisers to ensure that all girls participate in it.
One of the key things I have learnt is that there is no significant difference between boys and girls as far as education is concerned. The training has taught me how to talk politely to people, respect their views and be tolerant.
When I get back to my school, I will share what I have learnt with my friends, so that they will also benefit from it.
I have made up my mind to put in more effort at school because it is only through education that my future will be safe.

No comments:

Addressing imbalance in military intake: KAIPTC, GAF sensitise girls to take up combat careers(Daily Graphic, Friday, April 26, 2024 Page 20)

  The Women, Youth, Peace and Security Institute (WYPSI) of the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre (KAIPTC), in partnersh...